Monday, October 15, 2007

Gracious Uncertain

Finally, I have come to realize that there is nothing certain on this world except God. I have learned to let go of my illusions and demand for certainty. They are simply useless to be clinging to.

You see, I started to second guess God and His will. I thought, "If I did this or that, God would give me this." "If I worked hard, God would grant me that." etc. etc. This is like putting God in a box, and this is very wrong.

I realized that I should be still and wait on God because I am assured that He loves me and He has my best interests at heart. I know that He is causing all things to happen - that though there are seemingly unpleasant things that are coming my way, I have peace because the one who put them there loves me. I am reassured that He makes me face hardships so I would be molded into the kind of woman that He wants me to be. Putting all of these to heart makes me gracious to all the uncertainties.

1 comment:

oh captain my captain said...

you write beautifully. keep it up!