Thursday, October 11, 2007

Three-in-a-row

I've heard of yet another friend's dad's death early this morning. This is the third in a span of three months. From August, a "dad" that I know dies. I couldn't help but to be concerned (I think disturb is more like it). The first death has been disturbing; the second one has been a struggle, and now another death!

I know death is inevitable; everyone dies, others sooner than the others, but somehow, I couldn't help but to be affected. I wonder what message God wants to tell me about these deaths. Is there something he wants to tell me about my family?

My family has always been my waterloo because it has always been "them" that come first in my life. In a way, they have become my "idol". I know God is displeased whenever we put somebody or something before Him. I have been very cautious not to be idolatrous and I think I have been doing well.

Am I wrong in my self-assessment then? Is this another case of "thinking I am standing up so now I fell"?

I wanna know what God has to say to me. I really am disturbed.

No comments: